The McCracken-Dean Funeral Home was established originally by John Henry Kirkpatrick in 1864. In 1941, the McCracken family came into the business and the name was changed to McCracken Funeral Home in 1947. In 1988, Tom & Mayola Dean joined the firm as managers. In February 2000, they purchased the business.
Tom & Mayola Dean
Thomas K. Dean, Licensed Funeral Director
- Raised in Witt, IL.
- Graduate of Witt High School, Witt, IL.
- Attended Greenville College, Greenville, IL.
- Graduate of Worsham College of Mortuary Science, Chicago in March 1964.
- Became licensed funeral director and embalmer in October 1966.
- Raised in Coffeen & Hillsboro, IL.
- Graduate of Hillsboro High School.
The Deans are active in civic organizations and have served on the boards of Pana Community Hospital, Pana Community Hospital Foundation, Pana Community Hospital Auxiliary, Pana Chamber of Commerce, Pana Industrial Development Corporation, and Christian County Economic Development. Tom has served as emcee and auctioneer at many community events and fundraisers over the years. Tom collects old John Deere tractors and farm equipment.
Following long tradition, we feel strongly that everyone who enters our home feels "at home."